Dr. Chow\'s interest in Naturopathic Medicine began as a child with exposure to Chinese medicinal herbs and acupuncture from her family and became solidified throughout her university studies in human physiology; her laboratory research on the effects of Echinacea in pregnancy; and her travels to a tropical medicinal farm in Costa Rica and a living foods centre in New Mexico.
She is passionate about Naturopathic Medicine and treats each patient with compassion and empathy. She uses a variety of Naturopathic assessments and treatments and tailors them to each individual\'s unique needs. Dr. Chow stays current with the latest research and Naturopathic treatments by continually updating her skills through on-going education in the most contemporary and effective treatment methods.
Dr. Chow has additional training in the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromylagia, and multiple chemical sensitivity (CFS/FM/MCS), having worked at the Integrative Care Centre of Toronto with Dr. Alison Bested, a leader in the integrative treatment of patients with CFS/FM/MCS.
She also has a special interest in the adjunctive treatment of cancer patients using Naturopathic Medicine and is a member of the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Doctors. At the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, she acts as an adjunct supervisor assisting in teaching students oncology care using Naturopathic Medicine.
- McGill University, Physiology. Graduated with Great Distinction
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM). Awarded
the Swiss Herbal Remedies Bursary for excellence in women\'s
ADDITIONAL CLINICAL EDUCATION
- Finca Alba Nueva Tropical Medicinal Farm, Costa Rica
- Sherbourne Health Centre for HIV/AIDS
- Anishnawbe Health Centre for Aboriginal people
- Sports Medicine Group at CCNM
- Certified in Intravenous Therapy
- Certified in Mesotherapy
- Certified in Scalp Acupuncture
- Certified in Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
- Certified in Body Sculpting Acupuncture
- Contributing author in the book Hope and Help for Chronic
Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Contributing author in the book The Clear Skin Diet
- Published in the journal, Biology of the Neonate, `Dietary
Echinacea purpurea during Murine Pregnancy: Effect on
Maternal Hemopoiesis and Fetal Growth.
- Member in good standing with the College of Naturopaths of Ontario.
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors.
- Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors.
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians.